Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Christmas Cookies 2011

I apologize for the late posts. I'm trying to put up all my pictures from my old camera that got put on the laptop. I decided to make Christmas cookies and tried something different to make them extra special. They turned out awesome, but were kind of a pain in the butt. They took a long time and I had to make 6 types of frosting...3 different colors in 2 different consitencies, to pull off the look that you see below. I got the recipe from Jamie Cooks it Up, who I believe in turn got that recipe from The Pioneer Woman (another food blog I follow, I can't help it I love food...and food blogs).

I believe Jamie Cooks it Up put up a Valentine cookie recipe that used the same frosting as the Christmas cookies, but she altered the consistency so she'd only have to make 1 of each color. So, this coming Christmas, when I've forgotten the work these cookies involved, I might try the different frosting consistency and do it again.

When the kids got home from school, I let them decorate some leftover cookies I had, Bailey actually tried my way of decorating and did a pretty good job all by herself. Most of the kids liked the eating more than the decorating, who can blame them :)

See, aren't they pretty!

No comments:

Post a Comment