Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Bubba Cam!!!

Cam with all his presents. Well, not quite I guess, Grandma and Grandpa Fox and Aunt Ceri are going to take Cam to pick out presents. He got a book and skateboard from Grandma and Grandpa Beebe, and a car race track and action figures from Mom and Dad and sisters. Oh, and the Phineas and Ferb Perry the Plattipus t-shirt was an early birthday present from Dad.
" A skateboard!"
"I always wanted a skateboard!"
Very excited about the dinosaurs, action figures, and toy motorcycles inside the bag.
Playing with the action figures.
Grandma and Grandpa Fox got Cam donuts for breakfast. Cam also requested that we eat breakfast for dinner...pancakes, bacon, eggs, fruit with fruit dip, hash browns, and juice. I found out that after eating 2 big donuts at breakfast, Cam also went and ate breakfast at school. He was very proud that he ate 3 breakfasts that day.
Which one? They all look so yummy!
The donut with sprinkles wins!
Molly lighting Cam's cake. Cam picked out a white and chocolate double layered cake, a coconut cream pie, and drumsticks.
Cam and his cake. He was all excited about the cherry on top, but ended up spitting it out because he didn't like it. I could have told him marachino (sp?) cherries are always a big mistake.
Molly and Grandma secretly put some trick candles on the cake, but they must have been no match for Cam, he got them all out after about 2 good blows.
Yummy drumsticks, a boy after my own heart!


My Bubba Cam turned 6 yesterday, August 17th! I can't believe how big he is now. He is such a sweet, sweet, sweet, and silly boy. He makes me smile and laugh! When I got home from my trip to UT he was quick to remind me that his birthday was in 2 days and then proceeded to tell me silly stories that had happened while I was gone and sing his 'sauce of love' song. Chase's mom makes a simple sauce for fish tacos and years ago I asked how to make it and they teased me about how easy it was, but that the secret ingredient was 'Love'. So, the fish taco sauce is now affectionately known as the 'Sauce of Love'. Well, before I left we ate fish tacos and Cam came up with a little ditty about the sauce of love that goes a little something like this... "If you eat the sauce of love, then you will fall in love!". You just have to hear him say it, it's hillarious, it's like a midget version of Barry White in a deep, slow tone that only a 6 year old can make.

I am so thankful for my Bubba! He is quick to smile and help and is a loving brother and son! Cam is so fun to love! When each of the kids was born, I made up a special song just for them. Cam's song goes like this..."Cameron Fox, Cameron Fox, He is my little guy, little guy. He's tough, cute, and cuddly!" The tough part came in because he had to undergo billirubin lights like all the other kids except we were in CA and they made us do it at the hospital instead of at home. The tough part proved to be very true later when Cam was 2 when he became very sick for about a month. He had a congenital defect known as a urachal cyst that became infected and almost had to be operated on. Cam was quite the trooper, even though he was in an incredible amount of pain. The nurses and doctors always wanted to strap him down before doing any work on him, but I assured them that I only had to hold him and he'd be alright. The medical staff was amazed at how good Cam was and he wouldn't scream or wiggle, he just sat still in my arms and was extremely brave and good. We are so thankful to have Cam in our family and we love him very much! Happy Birthday Cam!

No comments:

Post a Comment