Monday, July 5, 2010

4th of July

Since Sunday was July 4th, we didn't really plan anything big to do. I dressed up the 2 youngest girls in red, white, and blue and Cam and Addie wore blue as well, the rest of us were not so patriotically dressed. Chase's mom had the crock pot full of her yummy orange chicken and I had premade a fruit salad so we were already to eat when we got home from church. Eating right when you get home on a fast Sunday when your church meets from 1-4 is crucial, everyone is absolutely starving.

After calming down a very grouchy baby yet again, I joined a game of Phase 10 (already in progress) with Chase, his mom, Chase's brother Grant, and sisters Ceri and Molly. I lost terribly, I blame it on lack of sleep due to my crazy baby's schedule and just plain bad luck. She has been particularily grumpy this week, I believe because of her shots and possibly a cold or allergies. Joelle has been stuffy, poor thing and because babies breathe so much through their noses I think she wakes herself up because she's so stuffed up. One break through though, I think she finally understands that when I suction her nose with the blue bulb thingy I'm not trying to torture her, but help her breathe better. She has smiled at me the last 2 times I've suctioned her nose.

Anyway, I digress... While the kids watched a movie and played with the baby, everyone else played games. After the games we walked to the golf course across the street from Chase's parents' house to watch the fireworks being set off by the city in the distance. It was awesome because we didn't have to go far and didn't have to fight crowds either. While we were sitting there watching, someone who lived in one of the houses on the golf course drove out in their golf cart and set off a whole bunch of illegal fireworks like 30 ft. away from us, it was awesome. The proximity of the fireworks freaked Emery out a little, but we all had a lot of fun and she calmed down once she knew she was safe. On our way there she told Chase that she didn't want to get scared, but she handled it all pretty well and enjoyed it. So, not a very eventful 4th of July, but we all had a lot of fun spending time with family and Addie proclaimed it to be her best 4th of July ever! Sorry, but I have no pictures. I have some pics of the kids wearing patriotic clothing on other days though : )

No comments:

Post a Comment