Monday, July 12, 2010

Cam Graduates Kindergarten

I think a Kindergarten graduation is ridiculous, but our last school had one. The only thing more ridiculous is a preschool graduation. I guess it is tradition at Larsen Elementary to have each grade put on a program at the end of the year, which is fine I guess if it's short and sweet and doesn't drag on forever. I truly miss the dance festival we had in Lehi, each grade did a dance, and that was it.

Cam's program went on and on, meanwhile Emery was getting antsy. Fortunately Joelle cooperated. I think maybe a couple of songs would have been fine, but they decided to do a slide show and hand each of the kids in 3 Kindergarten classes a diploma and say some cutsie thing about each kid also. Cam was a "Remarkable Reminder", now don't get me wrong, I'm just as sentimental as the next person, but this was just a bit much. Cam's class went first and he was about the 6th kid in line to get his diploma, so I thought we could grab him when he was done and sneak out, but they made each kid sit back down on the stage afterward. So, we endured 3 classes full of Kindergarteners receiving their diplomas.

All in all I am proud of Cam and he is one handsome little dude. It was a hard year for our family with a lot of adjustments and Cam handled it like a trooper. He is a crazy little guy with so much energy and so much humor, he cracks me up quite often. He has grown so much this year also and amazes me at how fast he learns. I love ya Cam, even though I detest Kindergarten graduations!
Cam with his diploma in front of Grandma & Grandpa Beebe's house.

Cam in front of his classroom.
Cam on the stage with his class.

Cam with his teacher Mrs. Hyer.





1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures of Cam. And, I just wanted to say that I think kindergarten graduations are ridiculous. I am glad that my district doesn't allow fifth grade graduations. I was surprised at how many parents were upset by this. I'm glad you aren't one of those parents. :)

    ReplyDelete