Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Bailey's Birthday

It's official, I now have a child in the double didgets. Bailey turned 10 on June 28th. I can't believe Bailey is that old. It seems that it wasn't so long ago that Bailey was a baby rolling across the floor until she hit the wall. She'd get so frustrated and keep trying to get out of her predicament, but she couldn't figure out that she had to roll back the opposite direction to be able to move again. My mom has an old video of it and it is so funny to watch.

We celebrated Bailey's birthday early because Chase and I had to drive Joelle back to UT on her birthday for a well check with the pediatrician. We didn't want Bailey to be stuck in a car for 8 hours on her birthday. I made a special birthday dinner of Shredded Beef tacos and homemade tortillas on Sat. Sunday morning she got her birthday breakfast of bacon and puffed pancakes. Monday morning (her actual birthday) before we left she opened her presents. The camera was dead so I have no pictures of that. Grandma Fox also had previously taken Bailey shopping for her birthday and she got some cool shoes. Bailey also got to go to a friend's pool and play all day in the water and had a sleep over as well. Then on another day Aunt Ceri came and took her and Aunt Molly out to breakfast and shopping. I can't count how many days Bailey got to celebrate her birthday, but she had a lot of fun.

There are so many things I love about my Bailey girl! She is super sweet and smart! I always get the best of compliments from all of Bailey's teachers. Bailey is also a super good friend and is always thoughtful and kind. She makes an excellent big sister and daughter and is usually always willing to help out. I can always count on Bailey to help me with things around the house or helping entertain the baby or her 2 yr. old sister when I'm trying to get something done. Bailey has a sweet spirit and tries to choose the right. One time at school a friend of Bailey's found a pack of cigarrettes on the playground while they were at recess. Bailey knew just what to do. One of them stayed by the cigarrettes so no little kids would get them and the other ran to get a teacher. I am so proud of Bailey and the choices she makes. She is very studious and smart, talented, and creative. Bailey also has a silly side and can entertain you with her crazy stories, big plans, and ideas. I am so thankful that Bailey is a part of our family and we love her so much!
Aunt Ceri took Bailey out to eat for breakfast and then on a shopping spree. Bailey loves her Aunt Ceri and they had a lot of fun together along with Aunt Molly as well. Molly's birthday is just 2 days after Bailey's. Bailey is lucky to have such a fun aunt to spoil her.
I didn't make a cake this year, but Bailey picked out a special Costco cake instead.
Here, dad is lighting the candles with grandma and grandpa's cool torch thingy.
Sweet Bailey with her fun cake.
Blowing out all of those candles, there are so many now.
Mmmmmmm, Costco cake : )

No comments:

Post a Comment