Friday, January 29, 2010

Gingerbread Houses

Chase and Bailey's Gingerbread Houses
Cam's and Addie's Gingerbread Houses
Emery and her Gingerbread House. Emery won the award for Best Gingerbread House by a 2 year old.
Cam won the award for Best Creative Design.
Addie won Best Color Coordination Award.
Bailey won Best Recovered After a Natural Disaster.
Chase won Best Over All.
Fun decorating!




Emery mostly ate, not much building went on with her house.

So, here's another late post that I'm just getting around to doing. It's not as late as you may think however, because it was a belated Christmas activity. We never got around to doing it at Christmas time, so a couple of weeks ago we put together gingerbread houses for family night, I think it may have been right before Chase left for Texas.

We used a ton of candy and graham crackers. The kids had a lot of fun building, decorating, and eating their houses. I was impressed with what they came up with. Chase also built a house and accused the kids every couple of minutes of stealing his ideas and copying him. Anyway, when we were all done I was trying to take pictures of the kids with their houses, when Bailey's had an accident. She was able to recover from the tragedy fairly well with some quick repairs.

I had my parents and my sister who was home from school come down and do the judging of the houses. Each house won a special award!

1 comment:

  1. I am awarding Eileen a special commendation for allowing this contest to be held in her house.
    And I'm glad Chase felt good enough to participate--something that wouldn't have happened while you all were here.

    They all look great. (And I think Bailey's been influenced by her living in California. Her house looked like it had been though an earth quake.)

    ReplyDelete