Thursday, July 9, 2009

Job Update

So, I'm not so confident about the job I just tried to apply for. My friend had said that they were always looking for night watch people and gave me her supervisors' names. I did a little research before I applied and read up on the company and stuff. It looks like an awesome place to work and it would be doing basically kind of what I had experience doing before which was working with troubled teens. I was really excited about it, but I called up the HR like their website asks you to do and I could only leave a voice message. I never got a call back, so I tried calling again and finally got through to their HR. The lady I spoke with said she wasn't aware of any night watch openings but said to send her my resume and she would forward it to the Night Watch Supervisor. So, that's what I did, but I haven't heard anything back at all. I didn't even get to fill out a real application, it's just my resume. I'm bummed because I was excited about doing this. Heck, I can't get a sub job, can't even get a census job that I applied for back in Lehi. I guess I'm just as jinxed as Chase, but I guess you also can't change the crappy economy. Too, much competition for one job opening and either that or they cut back on how many they're hiring to none at all.

Well, a little happier news... I picked up Chase late Tues. night or rather very early Wed. morning from the airport. He felt pretty good about his tests he took and he thought the areas would be nice to live in. He liked Oklahoma better though, more of a small town feel. He found an awesome neighborhood where they're building new houses starting from $110,000. and it's 2 blocks away from the temple there. Cost of living is cheap in both OK and TX. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though until I hear anything concrete, because I'm just setting myself up for dissappointment. He scored a 93 on his test in OK and feels he got 100 in TX. His chances for TX are better because they are hiring 120 and he says there were a lot of guys testing there that were not in physical shape and would probably have a hard time passing the physical test portion. He finds out if he'll be going back the end of Aug. to test for the physical part in TX and I think he goes back for the physical in OK in Sept. Also, he tests in San Antonio on our anniversary. Chase also was called to get a drug test for the border patrol and he did that this morning, so that is gradually moving along. Now, we are still waiting for his background check. So, we hope things move along and that we will have a job soon. If he gets hired on for Houston Fire Department, he would start their academy in Jan., if he gets hired on in OK he'd start their Fire Academy in Feb. Who knows when the border patrol will be? So, we basically just have to sit and wait.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone could be trying as hard as you two to find work in this stinky economy. It's obvious that you're doing all that you could physically do. We will keep praying for you guys. Something will come through.

    ReplyDelete