Tuesday, July 28, 2009

An "I'm Sorry" Breakfast

A couple weeks back when Chase was off in TX and OK testing for jobs I had a funny experience with the kids. One of the nights Chase was gone the kids were particular stinkers and got in trouble fighting over computer games, so they got grounded. The next morning I awoke to a lovely breakfast which they had prepared in order to sweeten up my disposition towards them I guess. They actually did a pretty good job and I just realized I posted the pictures a little backward, but you can get the idea. There was a card included with the meal, and after opening it I realized it was a contract they wanted me to sign afterwards. It was funny, and I can't say it didn't make me a little less angry, but they were still grounded from video games.



This is the back of the card. Basically, it says..."Now sign this deed for semagoediv ? (I still don't know what that word means) today and forever. Some parts of deed need magnifying glass." Then there's a place for me to sign and date it I think. Then it goes on to say..."This is agreed with Bailey Fox, president of these offical deeds, and this deed cannot be undone! Here is Bailey Fox's signature. So please think carefully before signing your name. Deed for semagoedive, love code.(Oh, I guess "semagoedive" is a love code) Semagoediv means love in Bailey language. Sign here for the deed."

This is the middle of the card. It says... "Sorry we acted like that, please forgive us. So, we hope you like your breakfast, love from your children. P.S. this is not to make you let us play video games again. Mom Love."

Front of card. "To Mom, From Addie, Bailey, Cameron, and eventually Emery."

This is my very sophisticated breakfast created by Addison and Bailey. There is juice with a cherry inside and one attached to the lip of the cup. There is also a cookie, two pieces of cinnamon toast, strawberries, cherries, and sliced bananas.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I have to say that I'm extremely impressed with their rear-kissing skills AND their innovation on breakfast and the contract! My kids have yet to master the "be super sweet and you might just get your way" thing. They still think that if they argue in a louder voice that that will work. :S Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a yummy breakfast to me. When you come down here to visit do you think your kids would make one for me if I banned them from playing video games here, too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm almost positive they'd make you breakfast. Cam will probably also rub your feet. He's been using that tactic on me lately, I let him do it once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweet (and pretty darn smart) kids!! Loved the letter and the breakfast looked yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think that is one of the sweetest things I have ever seen. Whose kids do that?

    ReplyDelete