Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bailey's Birthday!








Well, this is late, but Bailey turned 9 years old on June 28th! She was so excited, as most kids are for their birthdays. I let her pick out a cake she wanted me to make which was a horse cake. I didn't want to use the semi-sweet chocolate, so I used vanilla almond bark instead (white chocolate). It turned out pretty good, except the frosting which was actually a ganache with powdered sugar was a bit on the runny side and it kept sliding down the sides of the cake. But, over all it turned out great and we all enjoyed eating Bailey's horse... mmmmmmm! I also made Bailey's favorite dinner which was chicken, broccoli, cheese, and rice. Bailey opened her presents before church which she was thrilled about! After church we let her ride her new scooter with the other kids for a little in the culdisac. My mom also got Cam and Addie a scooter as well. I guess Addie's is supposed to be her "late" b-day present and Cam's is supposed to be his "early" birthday present. Bailey's other gifts were as follows...

1.The Game of Life (electronic version-no paper money to lose)-from Mom and Dad
2.A very nice gold leafed, leather copy of Grimm's Fairy Tales-Grandma and Grandpa Fox
3.Pampered Chef kid's cook book-Grandma and Grandpa Fox
4.Clothes & shoes that Bailey got in CA-Grandma and Grandpa Fox
5.Scripture bag, modeling clay, water color pencils, crochet book with needles, little pet shop stuffed rabbit, scooter, and maybe some other stuff I can't remember-Grandma and Grandpa Beebe

So, Bailey agreed that she had a very fun day, inspite of her birthday falling on a Sunday. We love Bailey very much and are extremely grateful she is part of our family. I keep telling her she can't keep getting older anymore, but she doesn't listen. I tell her every year she has to stay at that age. Oh, well, she's still my little girl! Happy Birthday Bailey Boo!

2 comments:

  1. I love the cake! It's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cake is so fun! Sounds like you are having a really fun summer!

    ReplyDelete