Saturday, November 20, 2010

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!!!

I just got a phone call from Chase letting me know that we got the house we had applied to rent. We were unsure because they told our agent that we probably didn't meet the income requirements, even though Chase will be making his full pay after 2 months and we have no debt. Chase will be moving in Dec. 1st and we get to finally join him again at Christmas. We are so excited! While I was on the phone I told the kids and they literally screamed with excitement and tackled me with hugs until I almost fell over. It's been crazy and unbelievable how no one wanted to lend to us because of Chase's work history and income, then it looked like it would be difficult for us to rent as well. We did eventually find someone willing to lend to us when Chase graduated, but even then it was a low amount not high enough to find us a big enough home for our big family long term. We decided it has been hard enough being apart for this long, so we thought the best thing would be to rent and get out there sooner.

I would like to send a shout out to everyone who has helped us these last 2 years... my parents, Chase's parents, Chase's grandparents, anyone who has given to us of their time, services, monetary help, etc. We are especially eternally grateful to my parents for putting up with us for so very long and allowing us to live with them. Also, without my parents so kindly subsidizing some of our rent for 2 months and a letter stating they would do so, we wouldn't be able to get into this house. So, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU everybody!!! We are so thrilled to finally be able to be together again!

3 comments: