Saturday, October 2, 2010

Dinner Tonight


So, I've been sick off and on for about a week now. I say off and on, because I will start to feel better, then feel like crap again. My littlest booger is not letting me get much sleep so I attribute this to a lack of sleep for the most part, especially since I feel the crappiest at night and early morning.
After watching 2 sessions of conference, a trip to the drug store and Walmart, and finally getting the booger baby to calm down, I set out to make some dinner for the starving brood. They had already eaten a donut (my bribary for behaving well during conference), so I decided to make dinner easy and light. It was essentially just going to be a kind of appetizer, but my mom pointed out that there were veggies, and protein, so we should be all set. I tossed the kids a roll and there was dinner.
My inspiration came from a church dinner social over the summer. It was one of the best things I had ever eaten. My mom also had been complaining about all the tomatoes that needed to be eaten or used somehow. Both my parents and I had recently obtained freshly minted Costco memberships, so while I was there giving my mom the tour of everything, I pointed out the fresh mozarella and suggested using it with the tomatoes. Then I went to the Sunflower Market and bought 4 oz. of Basil for $5. I sliced up the tomatoes, cut the cheese (who let a fluffy? :0) ), and placed the basil on top. When I was done with that, I drizzled some olive oil and sprinkled some black pepper on top. Yummy!!! My kids even loved it, which was a huge shocker, especially for the picky 3 yr old who won't even touch anything that even remotely looks suspiscious to her. All in all, it was the perfect dinner for a lazy, tired, and sick mom to make.

2 comments:

  1. My question, what did Addie eat for dinner?

    (I can't believe she ate tomatoes. Or is stunt girl becoming "I'll try anything girl?")

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Addie ate a roll and then later she ate the tomato stuff. She resisted, but finally gave it a go after Chase talked to her. So, everyone ate it. I asked her if she liked it and she said yes, but didn't want to eat anymore.

    ReplyDelete