Monday, June 21, 2010

Happy Father's Day!

We are so lucky to have such a special guy for a husband and father! We began the day by having Chase read all his cards and pictures that the kids had made him. The kids were very excited to tell their dad how much they love and appreciate him.

We went to church where we were surprised by a little book of pictures of all the kids in the primary and things they said about their dads. They were really funny to read, especially Addie's comment that the thing she and Chase had in common were the apparent love of Rhinos. One of the speakers gave a wonderful talk on Fathers, which made the day perfect. Joelle got really upset towards the end of church. I took her out into the hall and tried in vain to get her to calm down as her screams were heard throughout the church. I eventually headed for the exit as Chase heard the unmistakable screams of his youngest and followed me out to help. He took Joelle and magically calmed her down and got her to sleep after only a few minutes. I kept telling him, I should take her because it was Father's Day, but he just told me, "I'm a Dad."

We came home to what I thought would be an easy meal of BBQ Ribs in the crock pot. I ended up having to defat (is that a word?) the meat before it was edible. It turned out to be a pretty good Father's Day meal of BBQ Rib sandwiches with Chase's mom's salads, followed up by desert of Lime Cupcakes and Chase's Mint Chocolate Chip Shakes. See what a good husband and Dad, he even makes treats for everyone on Father's Day when he didn't have to. We ended the evening watching Mystery Science Theatre for some laughs.

I've included a few pictures from our Father's Day, but neglected to take pictures of all of Chase's loot. He got even more when the kids continued to make him more stuff at home and again at church. I love the pictures of Chase and all the kids, it makes me smile and happy inside to see my kids with their dad. Chase is an awesome father and husband! He helps with the day to day jobs and tasks of being a parent, including baths, cooking, feeding, and poopy diapers. He takes time to play with the kids, including wrestling and teasing them which they love. They never get enough of their dad. Having 5 kids probably tires Chase out especially when he starts swinging and tossing them around, or giving piggy back and horsy rides. They always want to do it "Again!, Again!". One of my favorite sounds is the kids laughing as their dad chases, tickles, and plays with them. Thank you Chase for being such a blessing in my life and in the lives of our children, we couldn't ask for a better Dad than you!

1 comment:

  1. I like this last picture the best. :) What a good guy!

    ReplyDelete