Monday, June 7, 2010

First Picnic of the Year 4-17-2010

We decided to go on a picnic at the park by the library. It was finally nice enough to venture outside and have some fun. It was a little chilly still, but a lot of fun. Chase's sister Brie and her boyfriend Dave brought some baked beans and soda. I'm trying to remember everything else we had but not sure. I think we had sandwiches from Winco and cream puffs and strawberries from Costco. The strawberries were huge and sooooo delicious!

The kids ran around and played while Emery decided to collect every pine cone in the park that she could find. I think she kept calling them 'parrots', she has a very vivid imagination. Then everyone joined in a game of freeze tag.

Addie got teased of course because of her running. Previously, at school while running to get on the monkey bars she tripped and biffed it and banged up her knees pretty bad (see Chase's blog). Anyway, she was running around like a gimp, so everyone started copying her. Later in the game though, miraculously she didn't have to run like that anymore. Sometimes, Addie likes to milk it a little, she is my little drama queen. Anyway, it was a lot of fun and we were glad it was nice out for a change, even if for a little while. UT weather is so unpredictable and annoying sometimes. This year, we had a few days of spring and then it skipped right to summer.

Cam trying to eat a massive strawberry.
My handsome little guy!
My goofy little Emery.
Look, more pine cones, I mean parrots!
Oh, how she loved her 'parrots'.
She was so nice and wanted to share her 'parrots' with everyone too.
My handsome hubby!
Bailey being cute and all grown up inside the garden maze at the library.

Bailey with her strawberry face.
Addie chewing on a cream puff.
Addie in the garden getting ready to chomp her huge strawberry.
Chase racing Cam.
Chase standing on the picnic table, I think.
Joelle 1 1/2 months old enjoying herself outside. This was her first big daytrip outdoors.
OK, not so happy anymore. She's starting to give us the pirate grimmace...ARRRRGHHHHH!
Really not happy anymore, I think it was time to go home.
Brie and Dave , and I'm not sure who's head walked right in front of the camera when I took this. Sorry, but they still make a cute couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment