Thursday, June 10, 2010

Happy Be-lated Mother's Day!

So, I normally don't like Mother's Day. It's a day for greeting card companies and other businesses to make money peddling their Mother's Day garbage. It's also a day that I feel overwhelmingly inadequate as a mother and I'm reminded of all my motherly flaws. This particular Mother's Day however, ended up being a sweet one. The kids made all sorts of stuff for me, Chase also helped them put together a candy-gram poster. Chase took Joelle during Relief Society for me so I'd get a break, and Emery treated me to her repertoire of Mother's Day songs, some of them modified to fit Mother's Day. I got to try out a long awaited recipe from my Pioneer Woman cook book, fried chicken and biscuits, it was a very nice day. I have a fabulous husband and fabulous kids!
My Candy Gram
All of my Mother's Day loot.

No comments:

Post a Comment