Friday, October 9, 2009

This Has Not Been My Week!

I worked again last night. I received a lovely morning wake up call around 7:15 this morning from the very considerate construction crew drilling up the church parking lot. They were literally directly next to the fence seperating our yard from the parking lot. I got to bed maybe around 3:30 am and then was awoken by the walls and ground shaking around me accompanied by lovely pounding of the pavement. I was so angry I ran outside in my pajamas and waved at them over the fence until they saw me, because they couldn't hear me, even though they were no more than 3-5 ft. away. I yelled, "Are you kidding me?! It's 7:15 am! I worked last night! Would it kill you to wait an hr. or 2?! My baby is still asleep! You are incredibly loud and it's shaking the whole house! I don't care who contracted you, the church or the city, but it's extremely inconsiderate!" They just kind of stared at me and then I heard one of them mumble, "Well, we'll hurry and try to get it done then." I went back inside and while they ceased the drilling they kept driving their trucks around and lifting concrete chunks and dumping it. I was furious! I called my dad who is a bishop at this building to see if he could call someone in charge of that stuff. He did, but no one answered the phone. So, I called the city police department and complained. They told me they'd be sending an officer by only to return my call right after and inform me that the city ordinance allows for construction at 6:00 am. I am so angry and irritated! I tried to sleep through it, but couldn't, so I went upstairs and tried to sleep in one of the girl's bedrooms on the other side of the house, which helped a little. I do not understand how people can be so inconsiderate! Maybe some of you think I am being completely negative as I have been called out for recently, you can argue that they were only doing their job, I don't give a crap! I have a right to be angry and express it anyway I like, you have a problem with that, go jump in a lake or don't read my blog and facebook! Maybe I'd be a little more positive if I didn't keep running into assanine people every time I turn around. I want to move to an isolated cabin on the coast or up in the mountains, that should satisfy all of us I think!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jenn, I'm so sorry about all your lack-of-sleep mishaps. I can't blame you for being absolutely furious with those construction workers after what you've already gone through with Emery and then working late. There's nothing that gets me irritated quicker than to be exhausted. Me - sleep = heads rolling. :S I hope that you were able to catch a nap or that your weekend went a little better after all that. I still love you!

    ReplyDelete