Sunday, October 4, 2009

A Great Weekend!...

Except for my aching shins and feet! My dad gave us tickets to General Conference, so Chase and I drove up to Salt Lake yesterday for the morning session. We had to park a ways from the Conference Center and I not being very forward thinking wore horrible shoes to walk in. We also climbed a lot of stairs! Traffic was crazy trying to park and a ton of people in lines winding around the block, but once inside we made it to our seats with 15 min. to spare. It was a neat experience to watch conference in person which I had never done before. I had been to Young Women's conference as a teenager, but that was it. This was also my first time hearing the Tabernacle Choir in person. I finally understood why everyone thinks they are so great. It is totally different hearing them live rather than through your television set; the sound was amazing! I have never before heard a choir sound like that. Although I did miss watching conference in my PJ's, it was very nice to feel the spirit and experience conference differently, especially being able to hear every talk without noisy kids interrupting.

Afterwards, we drove to Moochies and met my brother Clint and his wife Michelle for lunch. It was very delicious and we had a fun time, even though we were accosted by a bee. Michelle and Chase teamed up to trap it in an empty bread pudding container and saved us. Don't worry, Michelle later released it safely, and I'm sure it is flying around again with his other bee friends. Sorry, if my post digresses, I didn't get much sleep after working last night, so my writing suffers. After Moochies we drove to Clint and Michelle's new apartment and had a tour and visited. Quiet, adult conversation is nice every once in a while.

Today, Bailey wanted to go to conference. My dad had 2 more tickets left so Chase took her for a Daddy/Bailey day. I packed them lunches and they left after the first session. They had a great time and got to look around afterward. They had a lot of neat art work up in the building which was cool. As of now I'm not sure if they were going to continue their Daddy/Bailey day by driving up the canyon or not since the weather here is kind of yucky right now. Anyway, I'm sure Chase will post about their day later for you if they did. Have a fabulous Sunday everyone, enjoy this cozy fall weather while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment