Sunday, October 30, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa Fox Visit

I'm backlogged on blogging again, it quickly gets away with me. I have a ton before this post as well, but thought I'd at least go back to this point. Chase's parents were able to come and visit us the end of Sept./first week of Oct. It was so nice for them to make such a long drive and spend the week with us. It's rare for us to have visitors so we really enjoyed it. The kids were very excited and had a lot of fun. I didn't take very many pictures, so sorry.
Oddly, enough I'm starting out with a picture of our first produce from our garden, after the basil. These cucumbers were rescued by my mother-in-law. Chase's parents' first night included a "welcome to TX storm" that ended up blowing our trampoline from the back yard into the front yard and right through my smaller garden. Luckily, I told my father-in-law he could park under the carport where Chase usually parks or the trampoline would have hit the car.
Emery showing off the cucumbers.
At the Alamo...4 oldest kids still in school.
Joelle examining the cannons.
Grandpa and Joelle resting under a pecan tree.
The green pods have pecans inside them. Probably my favorite nut, which is a good thing because Seguin, where we live, is famous for the pecans and they're everywhere. This past weekend was Pecan Festival here in Seguin.
Grumpy Cam, Grandma, Emery, Bailey, and Addison playing Aggravation.

1 comment:

  1. We had a great time. (And we miss you all--why isn't Texas closer to California??)

    ReplyDelete