Sunday, October 30, 2011

Garden Update

I was so excited to go out one day and discover 3 big zucchinis growing in my garden! They hadn't been eaten either. Something has been getting into my garden periodically and munching on my beautiful zucchini and ticking me off! I go out every day and try to block places where I think they might be getting in. I have put stacks of wood and rocks around the chicken wire, but they are digging underneath or squeezing through. My other garden was a square foot garden and in a planter so it was off the ground and I didn't have this problem. For the 3 zucchinis to have survived was a miracle. I went out just tonight and discovered another one that had been chewed on, grrrrrrrr, makes me so mad! So, this time, I picked one even though I wasn't sure if it was ready and I wanted it to get bigger, but I decided I didn't want it being eaten too. I have several more growing out there, we'll see if they survive or not.
Poor zucchini :(
My 3 big, beautiful zucchini, 5 beans( I have now harvested about 60, enough for everyone to have a small helping for 1 meal), 1 sad little pea, and some cucumbers. I had a ton of cucumbers.
Joelle modeling my zucchini :)

No comments:

Post a Comment