Sunday, February 21, 2010

Irish Step Dance

Bailey and Addie had their first performance as Irish Step Dancers on Thurs. night. They performed at a nursing home in Provo. They were very excited and did very well, although I wish it had been longer. I thought they were going to do 2 dances, but ended up only doing one. This is the beginner's costume they both have on. They both are wearing poodle socks and Bailey is wearing the traditional Irish soft shoe called Ghillies (I'm not sure if I spelled that right). They are supposed to have tight curly hair, but I failed miserably in trying to curl the girls' hair. Most Irish dancers wear special wigs, but they are very expensive, which we won't be purchasing for a long time, and only if they stick with it. In the video clip I have posted you can probably see some of the other girls with curly hair. Cam is also taking Irish Dance this semester, but as he just started, he was not ready to perform with the others. The kids love Irish Dance and enjoyed performing for the first time, even though it was very short.




3 comments:

  1. Do you want me to look and see if I still have those pink sponge rollers? I remember Bailey's hair SUPER curly after we used those.

    Oh, and good dancing. (Molly used to love the River Dance video when she was five. She wore it out.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun. And, I think the girls' curls look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, if you still have some curlers, I'll take them. I bought some at the store, but they were cheap and would break when I tried to use them.
    And Brie,their hair looked a lot worse in person. The way they told us to do it was gel it and then put it in the rollers, not to do wet hair and it ended up just goopy, crunchy strands.

    ReplyDelete