Saturday, February 20, 2010

Bailey's Science Fair Project




Bailey's science fair was Feb. 3rd I believe. She did a fantastic job of growing some bean plants from seeds in the window sill and documenting their growth and the effects of sugar water. She hypothesized that the sugar water would help the plants grow better, but concluded that the sugar water actually stunted the plants' growth and inhibited growth completely with the extra sugar water. Bailey got a purple ribbon for her project and we are very proud of our little budding scientist.


2 comments:

  1. Way to go, Bailey! I'm getting my class ready for their science projects. I think I may have to use your idea as one of the projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her science project was actually toned down a little from her original idea. She wanted to crush up vitamins, candy, and cookies, etc. and feed it to the plants to see what it would do.

    ReplyDelete