Thursday, November 19, 2009

Chocolate Chip Cookies







So, I'm finally putting my chocolate chip cookie recipe on here for everyone who has been asking for it. Actually, I should use the word "my" loosely. I got the recipe from my sister-in-law Brie. I will be forever grateful to her for giving me the yummiest chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. My cookies always turn out, unless I'm getting used to a new oven like when I first tried to bake them at my mom's house. So, make sure you monitor your cookies the first time you bake them, your temp. or time might need to be adjusted accordingly. With my mom's oven, it's a lot hotter, so I lower the temp. a little, rotate the cookies half-way through and switch oven racks, and cook for a little less time. But then again, I might just be a little anal about my cookies. Here's the recipe everyone, so happy baking! : )

1 lb. salted butter, softened (if you use unsalted, add 1/2 t. salt)
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
3 eggs
1 T. vanilla
1 t. baking soda
6 c. flour
2 c. chocolate chips (Brie, and I will sometimes blend 1/2 milk choc. & 1/2 semi-sweet)

Cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs and vanilla. Add dry ingredients. Place tablespoons of dough on cookie sheets. Bake 9-11 min. at 375 degrees.

*This recipe makes a lot of cookies (about 50), so you might want to freeze some of the dough if you're not planning on eating all of them. I usually only make them when I have a bunch of people to share them with, or I will eat way too many.

I took a picture of one of the kids eating a cookie and then they all wanted one, so you get to enjoy 4 pictures of my kids stuffing cookies into their mouths.

No comments:

Post a Comment