Friday, May 29, 2009

School's Out!

Today was officially the last day of school for the girls! They are happy, but sad, because they won't be going back next year and probably won't be seeing their friends again. I'm just happy I don't have to drive to Lehi anymore.

The last couple of days the girls have had field trips, parties, and a dance festival. The dance festival was yesterday and I took Cam, Emery, and my mom to go watch them. We got there early since I had to drop the girls off and wasn't going to drive back home and come back again. So, we stayed and set up some chairs which were on the side in the second row. They were pretty good seats I thought. I went off to help Vangie (choir pianist/band conductor) sell choir CDs. When the dance festival finally started I realized we might have a problem seeing the girls. Sure enough, when their classes came out to perform they both ended up being on the opposite side of the field facing the other way. I ended up being close to a bunch of friends' kids that were in our old ward and got good pictures of them. Oh, well. It was really funny though, because it was almost like people camping out over night for a concert or parade. I got there an hour before it started and there were already chairs and people waiting.

The dances were fun though and the girls had a blast. Addie danced to the kung foo song from Kung Foo Panda. Bailey danced to the Beach Boys, "Surfin' USA". Afterwards we went to the dentist-yipeee! Actually, my kids really enjoy going to the dentist and doctor. They're some of the only kids I know that are like this. Our dentist and pediatrician are excellent and my kids love them. It's Dr. Jensen at Timp Pediatric Dentistry in A.F. and Dr. Wilcox at UT Valley Pediatrics in A.F. by the hospital. They are both amazing! Then we went to Costco for lunch...mmmmm Costco pizza! It was a fun filled day.

Now, we have all summer to read and have fun hitting the playgrounds and anything else that's free. Luckily for us we still have our Legacy family pass, so we can swim for free. It's just a little out of the way... back in Lehi : ). I hope to add pics of the kids and their friends at the dance festival later.

Hope everyone has a terrific summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment