Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Are There Bathrooms in Heaven?


I had an interesting conversation with Cameron tonight. He was laying in bed while I rocked Emery who is not feeling well. He started out by saying, "Mom, I'll miss you when I die". Then he started to tear up. I don't know what he's been thinking about or talking about in primary lately, but apparently he's concerned about some stuff, because we've had a similar conversation a little while ago along the same topic. He said he didn't want to die and I assured him that it wasn't anything to be afraid of and that he would be with Heavenly Father and Jesus again and all the people that love him. He perked up after that. I told him we would all be together in heaven.

The funny parts of our conversation came after that. He had some very valid concerns which I will share with you.

Cam: "Are there bathrooms in Heaven?" "I don't know where the bathrooms are!" (He says this with his arms outstretched in great distress.)
"Are there clothes in Heaven?" "What kind are they?"
"So do we just walk into our houses?" "How do we walk in Heaven?"
"So we just go up into space?"
"Do we have bones?" "Do we have skin?"

His last worry was the following. "When is Jesus coming?" "He's been up there for hours, and we've been waiting forever!"

Oh, my little 4 year old, soon to be 5. He is such a deep thinker! You can almost see the wheels turning. He always keeps me on my toes. He is my ball of energy, but also my sweet little guy and he's growing up too fast. I don't think I'm ready for him to be in Kindergarten so soon, but I wasn't ready with my others either.

Also, we spent the day watching my nephews. While the babies napped Cameron and his cousin Jaron decided to be doctors and patch me up from a "horrific accident". Cam explained that I had been in a car accident and was the only survivor. The other guy's car went up in a ball of flames. I said, "That is really sad". He told me not to worry though because we would see him when Jesus came again. This seems to be a predominant theme with him lately.

On a lighter note I asked about my "doctors' " credentials as I was a little concerned about their age and qualifications. Cam reassured me that of course they were both adults and were very good doctors. He told me that Jaron was 10 and that he was 20. So, I guess I was not supposed to worry, because I was in good hands.

Well, here's to hoping that there are bathrooms in heaven, or that there won't be any long lines to the women's stalls at least. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment