Thursday, November 3, 2011

Carving Pumpkins

A few days before Halloween we finally carved our pumpkins one night while watching the Charlie Brown Halloween special. Chase was working, but he's been working a lot, so I couldn't keep putting off the pumpkin carving or it'd be too late for Halloween. I forget how creative and crafty my kids can be though and it took me forever to carve out all the pumpkins by myself. Luckily, Joelle was content with just coloring her pumpkin. She has discovered coloring the last couple of weeks and LOVES it, a little too much. I had her on a place mat and was watching her, but I guess not closely enough because some sharpy did get on my table. I guess those spots will be there to forever remember my little crazy girl happily coloring her little pumpkin to her heart's content.
Joelle coloring her little pumpkin.
Emery coloring the back of her pumpkin too.
Bailey carving the top of her puppy pumpkin.
Addie and Cam gutting their pumpkins.
Bailey and Joelle cozy on the couch watching tv.
Emery getting in on the cozy action.
Kids with their pumpkin creations.
Oooooooh, spoooky!
Blurry pic I tried to take with the flash off so you could see the lit pumpkins and the kids' faces...didn't really work well.
Cute pumpkins.
Bailey also drew a pig vampire on the back of her pumpkin.
Back of Emery's pumpkin that she drew.
Joelle and her masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment