Friday, June 3, 2011

Second Coming

I found this clip that I thought was very appropriate for our time. A couple of weeks ago I had no idea that it was supposed to be the "end of the world" until I started reading some posts about it on facebook. Every once in a while my kids ask me about things happening in the world such as wars, natural disasters, etc. My oldest often wonders when Jesus will come again, and has told me she thinks he will come when she is around 21. Interesting, I told her, but nobody knows for sure. I think the world is a scary place and I try to protect my family from the influences of it, but it's impossible to shield my children from everything. I try to teach them what's right and give them the tools to learn and grow and be spiritually prepared. I try to make our home a place of peace and safety away from all the chaos of the world. I think if we read our scriptures and study the teachings of our prophet, leaders, and teachers then we can be prepared and at peace. Knowledge can banish fear if we let it. Sometimes that is difficult for me, since I am paranoid and would put my kids in a bubble if I could. I just need to have faith and trust in my Heavenly Father and every day try to be better than the day before and teach and love my kids the very best that I can. Here is the link...
http://www.ldsliving.com/story/64764-elder-oaks-talks-about-the-second-coming

1 comment:

  1. We were talking about it, too. It's too bad that there are kooks out there that scare people with their lies and speculations. :(

    ReplyDelete