Thursday, June 23, 2011

Restaurants

Somehow at dinner tonight, the conversation turned to restaurants, in particular restaurant names. I believe one of the kids wished that what I had made for dinner was served in restaurants. I laughed and asked why would you wish it to be in a restaurant, when you can already eat it at home for much cheaper. Then Bailey told me I should open up a restaurant inside our home and that way I can become famous and then help her when she has her restaurant. I explained that I could still help her with her restaurant without turning our home into a bistro. She has a dream to own a restaurant among many other things. Here are the names of restaurants the kids wanted for "their" restaurant and some other commentary...

Bailey: Roney's, Bailey's All You Can Eat Buffet, Bailey's Wonderful Mountain of Food, Bailey's 6 Floors(6 Floors)

Addie: Addo's(because she wanted it to sound close to her name but not actually be her name), Addie's Yummy Food, Addie's Great Food, You Had A Bad Day at McDonald's, I Wanna Eat

Cam: Butt Cheeks, Spiderman Popsicle, Throw Away McDonald's Food and Eat My Chicken!, Pink Ponies...He also went on to take a bite of his food and made an exaggerated, excited face and told us this is what they will say when they eat our food "Oh, wow! This is good!"

Emery: Dora Popsicles(tends to copy what she hears), Emery Beth's, Joelle & Emery's, Joelle Emery Addie Bailey & Cameron's Restaurant, Eat My Jello, Eat My Noodles, Eat My Corn, Welcome to Forks...Emery also told me in a very serious tone "It's just as you like, we're gonna build it. We need tools. I'm going to have bathrooms. I'm going to have one floor."

Yes, my children are a bit strange.

2 comments:

  1. You don't just eat in restaurants. A successful one has to be versatile enough accommodate all kinds of occasions.
    For example:
    "I was proposed to at dinner tonight in Bailey's Mountain of Food."
    Nope. It just doesn't sound romantic enough.
    But, "we always eat at Addo's when we're in town" sounds pretty good.
    Sorry Cam, if you open a restaurant called "butt cheeks" even your grandparents won't step inside.
    But I think I would try "Welcome to Forks," though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for making me laugh!

    ReplyDelete