Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Happy Birthday Bailey!!!

Bailey turned 11 today! I can't believe she is that old, it seems like she was little like Joelle not too long ago. Bailey is such a great kid, she is my go to helper with the kids and things around the house. She is such a smarty pants, too. Her teachers this year just raved about her and how much they loved having her in their classes. She was able to test at 100% on many of the practice and official state tests in school, so she got to skip a lot of the extra testing and studying the other kids had to do. She spent most of this time reading of course.

Bailey loves to read and is testing at almost 9th grade reading levels. She also enjoys crafts, cooking, video/computer games, board games, swimming, crocheting, writing, and drawing. Bailey has many ambitions that she wants to fulfill in life and has started writing stories and books, and drawing many pictures and cartoon strips. She also designs clothing. She wants to own a restaurant, a museum, and be a marine biologist (just like I did :) ) I'm sure I've forgotten something in there that she wants to be or do. Bailey is awesome though and I don't doubt she'll be able to accomplish anything she sets her heart to.

Bailey has grown so much and is such a joy to have in our home. She is a silly girl too and loves to joke and laugh and has a strange sense of humor some times. She actually reminds me a lot of myself when I was a kid. Tonight, she secretly clipped some hair bows to my pants instead of returning them to the hair basket. When I got on my computer, I discovered my wallpaper picture had been replaced by a very unflattering picture of myself. Apparently, her and Chase got on and changed everyone's pictures. Bailey is a sweet, loving, intelligent, beautiful girl and I am so glad I get to be her mom. We love her laugh, smile, and her hugs! We love you Bailey!

So, recap of Bailey's special day... Earlier in the month Bailey had a birthday party right after school got out, since we were afraid that it would be harder to get in touch with everyone during the summer break. We had snacks, ate hot dogs, made fluffy flip flops, played "Minute To Win It" games, then jumped on the trampoline with sprinklers, threw water balloons, and had a water fight. So, Bailey's actual birthday was a little bit more low key.

Bailey had bacon, and cinnamon chip pancakes with whipping cream for her birthday breakfast. Then she opened presents and played with new toys and video games. Bailey's birthday dinner was chicken, broccoli, cheese, and rice and fruit with fruit dip. After dinner we played the dance game and then watched "The Voice". We ended the night with Bailey's cake pants and rainbow sherbet and a sleepover in the play room.

3 comments:

  1. Happiest of birthdays, Bailey. You're a Texas Tween, now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, Molly just asked if I'd looked at the photos and I said, "yes." And she and Jack started talking about how long Bailey's hair is now. So I had to go back and pay more attention. And wow, Bailey IS Rapunzel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, fitting that she got the movie Tangled. She wanted to cut it, until I braided it and did some other things and now she wants to keep it for longer. I'm getting a little tired of all the long hair everywhere though.

    ReplyDelete