Saturday, September 5, 2009

What's Happening...

I guess I should give everyone an update on us. Right now I'm at work and thought I'd update my blog before I get too far behind again. The job I was trying to get before called me back when another shift opened up. So, I work an 11:00pm-3:00am shift 2 nights a week. I'm also subbing for my supervisor Sunday night which falls on a holiday so I will get time and a half. I am considering taking another shift which would be a 3-7 am shift also, but am not sure how the jump around will mess me up, so still thinking about that one. So far I like it, I get to work with a really good friend I grew up with and went to high school with who told me about the job. Tonight I got here though and the shift before me has had some problems with one of the girls, so here's crossing my fingers the night bodes well for me and the other girl on Night Watch. Oh, by the way, that's what I do. I'm on Night Watch with one other girl and I work at a residential treatment center for troubled teenage girls. It takes me about 6 min. to drive here from the house, so it's really close, too.

I am also waiting to be put on the sub list for Nebo School District. They are back logged though on background checks which they said some are taking up to 3 weeks. So, hopefully that will go through and I can occasionally sub on days that Chase can be here. I'm not sure about getting many jobs though because on the day I dropped off my orientation certificate there was a line of people applying to be subs and they were talking about how the other 2 close school districts seemed to not be hiring anymore. So, I'm guessing there are going to be a ton of subs and I might find it hard to get many days. I guess we'll see.

Chase has been battling Strep since about Tues. He was pretty bad and I ended up taking him to the doctor yesterday. He's on antibiotics now, and seems to slightly be improving. The day Chase started to get sick he actually was able to get a temporary 14 day job doing data entry for the government or something, but he got so sick he wasn't able to do it. He was originally undecided as to what to do because the OK Fire Department called that same day and wanted him there on Tues. for their physical orientation. It turned out the decision was made up for him though when he got sick. He was planning on driving to OK tomorrow, but he is still sick, so I don't know what's going to happen, he might drive on Mon. We looked at plane tickets, but we've pretty much exhausted funds for that, we don't want to charge any more on our cards and tickets were like $500. So, cross your fingers and keep us in your prayers. I'm just hoping we don't all come down with strep. We just got over a stomach bug that went through the family and Addie has been battling her asthma and a cold as well as Bailey and Emery with colds. We were completely fine this whole summer, so I thought wow, we're done being sick with weird stuff for a while. Then school started and Bam, we got hit! I just hope the winter goes ok.

Well, that's it for now, I should probably read some stuff for work and it's my turn to do bed checks. Since they want us to stay awake at work they encourage us to bring lap tops, movies, etc. to keep awake. So, I will probably post again if I get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment