Sunday, September 13, 2009

Emery's Birthday!

My baby girl turned 2 years old on Aug. 28th! I can't believe how big she is getting. I actually decided to throw her a little family party the night before her birthday when I finally decided on what cake to make her. Her cake was a barn with a bunch of farm animals which naturally led to a "Farm Animal" theme. I found some fun games that we played and some farm animal crafts to go along as well. Uncle Glen, Aunt Rachel, and Cousins Jaron and Noah came over to celebrate with us. We also had piggy pancakes and pigs in a blanket (corndogs) for dinner. Emery loved her birthday, but has been confused because Cam had just had his birthday. I think she finally understood that everything was for her this time.

Emery loved the birthday presents and cards that everyone gave her. She was thrilled to get her very own money for the first time from Grandad and Grandma Black. She also kept reading Grandma and Grandpa Fox's birthday card and repeating over and over again everyone's name who'd signed it after I read it to her, in fact she brought the card to me today (Sept. 19th, I know I'm a little behind on posts) and "read" the names to me again. Lately, she has also been talking about Grandma and Grandpa Fox's dogs for some reason and will repeat their names over and over again... "Maddy, Arrow, Roxy!". I have no idea what triggered the excitement over that.

Emery is our very funny little girl and is very much showing us how independent she can be. She talks all the time and says the funniest things. The other day after a stinky diaper change she got up and told me "Thank you". I think that was the first time any of my children have ever thanked me for changing their diaper, I appreciated it very much. Also, a first for Emery was last night when she actually told me she wanted to go to bed (Big Shock, since bed time and naps usually end in psychotic screaming fits). She went over to her bed and repeatedly told me she wanted to go to bed, then asked for her book and promptly laid down. When we didn't leave the room immediately she loudly told us to "Shut the door!", until we went upstairs and left. I hope this new bedtime attitude is here to stay.

Chase took Emery to her 2 yr. well check recently and she had kind of a hard time. She loves the fish tank, but as soon as you take her back into the exam room and the nurses and doctor start prodding, weighing, and measuring, she shuts down and gets upset. She doesn't like strangers and she'll give them a very specific look that lets them know she's not happy about them being there. Chase said she did very well with her shots and only cried briefly, but while sitting there waiting she turned to Chase and told him, "I ready to go!" Emery's favorite activities are going outside to play any opportunity she can get, pushing buttons on phones she can get her hands on, playing with the remote control, washing her hands and playing in the water, baths, brushing her teeth (I think we might have a little OCD on our hands), coloring, reading books, going for walks (especially to pick up "Bubba Cam" from school), playing with her brother and sisters, watching "Yo, Gabba, Gabba", and wrestling with dad. We love our little booger very much and are very happy to haver her in our family!
Emery can hardly contain her excitment, I think I see some tonsils in this picture.

Emery trying out her pig cupcake.
Blowing out the candles. Emery was actually very good at this, no spit at all, very impressive for a 2 yr. old!
Emery and her farm cake.
Feeding her baby doll from Grandma and Grandpa Beebe, with her chicken puppet in a head lock.
Now it's the chicken's turn to eat.
Emery with all of her farm puppets from Grandma and Grandpa Fox. It was funny because most of her presents went along with the theme, totally not planned!
Farm animal puzzle from Grandma and Grandpa Beebe.
Animal sound puzzle from Mommy and Daddy, we still have to put in batteries, what slacker parents we are : ( .
Opening her new baby.
Piggy Pancake, almost too cute to eat...almost!
Piggy and his pig friend in a blanket.
Bailey, Emery, and Cam playing "What time is it Mr. Wolf?" .
Emery, Cam, Jaron, & Bailey playing games.
Emery really loves her cows, she hardly parted from them all day.
Cam trying to reach an escaped cow that somehow ended up in the tree. The kids had to find all the animals and return them safely to the "barn".
Emery finding a fox, and yes, there are foxes on our farm : ).
There are frogs, too!
Emery and her cows again, sorry, I know I have a lot of pictures, but I loved them all and had a hard time choosing which ones to post.
Brother and Sisterly love! Doesn't that just warm the cockles of your heart!
Emery playing with her baby chick she made, or rather I helped her make.
Cousin Noah coloring his cow.
Bailey, Addie, and Cam with their marshmallow sheep.
Emery coloring her cow and eating marshmallows.
Addie, Jaron, Grandma Beebe, Emery, Noah, and Aunt Rachel making crafts.
Cam and Jaron showing off their baby chicks.
The birthday cake, it was a lot of fun to make!

4 comments:

  1. How did I miss this?

    Cool farm birthday, Emery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake turned out so cute. And your family pictures are darling too. Hey, guess what? We're moving to PG. Probably in a few weeks. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake is SO cute! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe Emery is 2 already! Luke is not far behind. All the pictures are so cute & it looks like you had a really fun party! Great job Jenn!

    ReplyDelete