Friday, August 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Cam!

My sweet, silly boy Cam turned 7 on Wed. ! It's hard to believe he is that old now. We are so thankful to have Cameron as part of our family. He has a tender heart and is so loving, helping, and teasing. Cam is so thoughtful and loves to help others and is a good friend also. He loves video games and playing on the computer. He has also been taking a Hip Hop class and hopefully will be able to start some team sports here in the near future. Cam is a very active boy and is a good helper and takes good care of our dog Zeke. Cam loves to hang out with Zeke and ride his bike around the property and jump on the trampoline. When he's not playing outside you can find him inside usually either running around making "fast" noises with his mouth, or playing bejeweled blitz, zuma, the playstation, or the wii. Cameron is such a kind boy but can be a big tease as well. I guess being smack dab in the middle of 4 sisters you kind of have to be a tease. I love my "Bubba Cam" so much and sure hope he had a good day!

Here's the run down of the birthday... Cam came in and woke me up really early (he's our early bird, no matter what time he goes to bed, he's usually the first one up and about). I wished him a groggy happy birthday since I'd been up late the night before with the baby and asked him to give me a few minutes to wake up. I then told him I had to go outside and water the garden and he of course wanted to come and help. So, I walked over to the shed and opened it and asked Cam to go inside and look for a shovel for me. Previously, Chase and I had gone and picked out a bike for him since his bike was too small for him, the kid grows like a weed. Chase had put the bike in the shed. At first he glanced at the bike and even put his hand on it while he looked for my shovel (which I didn't really need of course). He kind of did a double take, but seemed a bit confused and continued to look for my shovel. He then looked at it and back to me a couple times, so I finally asked him "Whose bike is that?". He got a big grin on his face and asked if it were his. I told him it was his bike; I guess he thought it was Chase's bike. It was very funny, I should have video taped it instead of just still shots.

Then after riding the bike around and falling a couple of times because he's not used to having a bike that size, we went in for some breakfast. We had puff pancakes with strawberries and orange juice. Later in the day we went to the library for a magic show. I had no idea that it would be Ronald McDonald doing the magic show. I didn't know Ronald even put on magic shows. The kids had a fun time watching the show and checking out library books. One of the kids' most favorite places is the library. I have to limit how many books they check out, because we run out of room on our card and some of the kids over estimate how fast they'll be able to finish everything and I end up having to renew the books over and over.

We came home and the kids played and then Chase took Cam to the store to get stuff for burgers. Cam requested Chase make his hamburgers for his birthday dinner. They turned out really good and really big! After dinner we cut Cam's shark cake which was a white cake with vanilla pudding, white chocolate chips, and a white chocolate orange frosting and ate homemade strawberry ice cream.

Happy Birthday Cam, we love you so much, thank you for being the best son ever!
Cam trying to figure out what was going on with the bike.
Realizing that the bike was actually for him.
Very happy to have a new bike!
Cruising down the driveway.



Eating breakfast.
Opening Grandma's and Grandpa's presents.
Ronald McDonald performing a magic show at the library.
The kids minus Emery with Ronald after the magic show. On our way in, Addie kept saying how creepy and scary Ronald McDonald was, so of course Emery freaked out and refused to go in and sit down with the kids. She hid behind me up against the wall, until I had to take out Joelle when she started to act up. We spent the rest of the magic show in the bathroom and outside in the hallway. Emery, of course, refused to be photographed with Ronald as well. I'm actually shocked Joelle humored me with a picture, but as you can see she didn't take her eyes of him.
Cameron assembling his delicious Chase burger :)
Sizing up the burger and trying to fit it into his mouth.
Delicious! I'd say "yummy", but then I'd face the wrath of Chase who made the burger and would detest that word used in any type of association with any of his food.
Look how huge this thing is!
Cam's shark cake with fish. I was going to pipe on some star fish as well, but thought it might look too busy.
Shark cake without fish.
Cam with his shark cake.
Anticipating blowing out the candles.
Blowing out the candles.
Cam with his cake and ice cream. Isn't he so handsome!

No comments:

Post a Comment