Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chase Graduates!!!

Chase with his dad Jack before the graduation ceremony.

Chase graduated from the San Antonio Firefighter Academy on Friday, February 4th! It seems like forever ago he was getting laid off and we were forced to sell our home and move in with family. What we thought would be a brief time of unemployment turned into 1 1/2 years. After being laid off, Chase began a more intense approach to actively becoming a firefighter. This was something which he had wanted for a long time, but due to different life situations was never able to do until now, so I guess you could say Chase getting laid off was a blessing.

So, after a lot of hard work and months of separation from our family, Chase was finally able to take the oath of a firefighter and walk across that stage to accept his well earned diploma! I can't express to you how proud of him I am, it warms my heart just thinking about that moment! I was so happy to see him all dressed up in his uniform with his name tag and diploma with his badge attached. I might add that he looks pretty darn good in uniform :) We are so blessed and excited to begin this new chapter in our lives. I am so grateful to Chase for all of his time, effort, and hard work put into providing for us and fulfilling his dream to become a firefighter and serve others as well.

Yesterday was Chase's first day of work. I proudly kissed my man in uniform as he left for his first day as a firefighter. I got a text later from him that night just plainly stating that things were going well. I woke up the next morning and was told by my father-in-law Jack (who flew in for Chase's graduation) that Chase got called to his first fire the night before and had posted it on his facebook account. So, I guess he had a busy first night and had about 8 calls out at the station he was at. He also cooked dinner for everybody at the station.

I've posted some pics of the night of his graduation. I have a really sucky camera and the lighting was bad, so not many pictures turned out. There are a few with us goofing around with the kids while waiting for the ceremony to start, and some posing by the stage. I tried to get one of him going across the stage and standing up for recognition as being a class Treasurer in the class Presidency, but they didn't turn out. I was able to get pics of a couple of his friends, but when I tried to get one of Chase, the camera was too slow.

I'd like to also mention that this day was very special for another reason as well. My new nephew Jace Emery was born to my awesome sister-in-law Ceri! I will never forget his birthday, that's for sure. Ceri is going to be the bestest mom ever! We are so excited to have Jace join the family and can't wait to meet him!Chase accepting his diploma and badge.
One of Chase's friends, Evan, who was awesome enough to come and help us move. Chase's friend Johnathon also came over to help us move, but I wasn't able to get a picture of him because that was one of the times Joelle started acting up.
Chase's friend Zach who was also awesome to come and help us move. Zach and his wife Jessica are actually the ones that helped us find a house so we could be here with Chase, Thank You!!! Zach's dad also was kind enough to come over and help us defrost our water pipes after they froze, Thank You! I might add, that this is how Chase's picture should have looked.
Chase's friend Jason. Jason was the class President and gave a really inspirational talk at the graduation. Jason and his wife Amanda were kind to have us over for dinner right after we moved here. Amanda made an awesome lasagna that even Emery ate and asked for seconds, a miracle in itself, so you know it must have been excellent.
Bailey, who stole my camera to take this picture of herself.
Addie (posing), Grandpa Fox, Emery (looking serious), and Chase being goofy of course.
Addie, Grandpa Fox, back of Emery's head, and Bailey.
Joelle and Cameron looking at the program and being silly.
Crazy Joelle
The Fam :)

5 comments:

  1. Yeah. This has been a busy week for our family. Congratulations to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a beautiful family. :) And congratulations Chase!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to catch up on your life. I have to say this: You are one of the most real people I've ever met. That's a great thing. Ever since I've know you you've never done things for public view--you've just been a good hard working person for the sake of being good. It really is impressive. P.S. We are both good at making cute chubby babies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to Chase and all of you for getting through this, I know it wasn't easy, but i'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you made it to Texas! Congrats to you all for Chase's accomplishment, he couldn't have done it without a willing wife! Sounds like an adventure. Hopefully when the critters are gone, life will get easier. Hang in there. You are such a strong loving person Jenn, I know you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete