Friday, May 28, 2010

More Baby Blessing

When Joelle was blessed there were 4 babies blessed the same day. I always bring a pen and paper and try to write down as accurately as possible what Chase says. I think I do a pretty good job for the most part, I feel like I get everything. Well, after sacrament meeting ended one of the ladies in the ward came up to me and told me she had written down Chase's blessing and would type it up and give it to me later. It turns out that she used to do shorthand. I thought that was pretty nice and thoughtful of her. Well, I compared her blessing with mine and they differ slightly. So I am going to put both on here and I guess whichever one Joelle likes better when she gets older she can keep, or maybe she can do a combination of the two. As you read you can see it's pretty much the same until about halfway through the blessing.

My Copy:

Joelle was blessed with the knowledge that our family loves you very much and we are thankful you have come to join us. Daddy blessed you with the knowledge that Heavenly Father and your Savior love you very much and will be there for you, too. He blessed you that as you begin your life that you'll be sensitive to the light of Christ to do things that you will need to do to return to Him. He blessed you that as you get baptized that you will be sensitive to the whisperings of the Holy Ghost and that you will walk with Him and obtain eternal life. Daddy blessed you to be drawn to friends who share your same values and beliefs, that they will be an example to you and that you will be an example to them. He blessed you to draw from and follow your family's and older siblings' examples. He blessed you to find a worthy young man to take to the temple. Daddy also blessed you that you may be a worthy mother and teach your children righteously.

Shorthand Copy:

By the power of the Holy Melchizedek Priesthood which we hold we take this infant in our arms to give her a name and blessing. And the name by which she shall be known on the records of the Church is Joelle Celina Fox.

Joelle, we bless you with the knowledge that you have a family that loves you very much. Also know the immense love your Heavenly Father and Savior have for you now and always.

We bless you as you begin your life, that you will be sensitive to the Light of Christ and learn to do the things your Heavenly Father wants you to do to return to Him. And, after you are baptized, you will be sensitive to the Spirit of the Holy Ghost so you can walk through this life to eternal life.

We bless you that you will be wise and will share your beliefs and values with your family and all around you.

We bless you that you will learn from your parents and siblings and extended family.

We bless you that when you get older, you will find a worthy young man who will take you to the temple and share the experience of raising a family.











3 comments:

  1. That is so great that you do that, Jenn. (Write down the blessing.) I know each of my kids had a special blessing, but that's all I remember. I wish I'd written theirs down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures of Joelle! That was very sweet of that lady to do that, too. It's good to know you didn't miss anything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh could she be any cuter???

    ReplyDelete